Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Cuba - Last Day! - 1/8/2017

So this is it, the trip is finally over and we have to make it back into the US...

I won't bore you all with a lot of details.   It was pretty uneventful.

When we got back to the US, the Immigration agent said "Purpose of your Trip?" and I said "people-to-people exchange."  He said OK, welcome back.  That was it.  No questioning, no exams, no review of our itinerary, nothing.  They could have cared less.

When we got to the Customs agent, he asked if we were bringing back tobacco, alcohol, and a list of a bunch of other stuff.  Shari said yes, and he said OK, come on in.  Again, that was it.  I could have had boxes of cigars and rum, and I don't think they would have cared.  They didn't ask how much we were bringing back, or even look at our customs declaration.  I think they asked me more questions when I came back from Canada.

So that's it.  I think it is about as easy now to go to Cuba as it will ever be.  The hardest part of our trip was getting our car and driving back to Siesta Key.

I'll write a final post, maybe tomorrow.  The Zika still has me down and out.

No comments: