Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 14 - Tue, 6/16/09 - Tibet - PM update

My flight was an hour late, and I had a 1 1/2 hour connection. The sign for my flight had the wrong counter, so I waited there only to be told another line that was twice as long. I ended up checking in 2 minutes before cut-off. My heart was beating like a little bunny, I had zero backup plan for being stranded in Chendu.

So I made it to Guilin without any problem. For whatever reason, no med check on either flight. I did wipe my face with a baby wipe right before getting off the planes (btw, essential for travel in the prc). Maybe you have to be coming from a risk area, but they have checked me about every other flight. I dove into the Cipro today, I am getting home one way or another.

My guide here is adorable and has her sh*t wired. So I am hoping for a good day tomorrow. I managed to get a voltage converter from the hotel, but it is seriously the size of a car battery. So it's all good.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: