Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 6 - Mon - Beijing [PM update]

Tired, so not alot for tonight.

Suffice it to say, it was pouring down rain so it limited what we could do.  We went on a rickshaw ride, and saw basically the historic district of Beijing.  It ended with a dinner at a family's house.  They cooked the food, and we all sat around a table together.  Interesting, but awkward. 

I  then walked down to the night market, where they had the street vendors selling starfish and beetles and grilled snake.  I would say it was for the tourists' benefit, but there were plenty of people there eating the stuff.

So now, back at the room, trying to figure out what time it is...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark
I heard you were looking for feedback. All I can say is that my posse has been following your blog, and its a great topic of coffee talk on a daily basis. Keep up the great work, and I hope you continue to enjoy your adventures now that you are on your own!

Unknown said...

ALSO--
Glad you got to talk to Eva-- you may want to ask for ideas if you want to wander around in Chengdu before your flight. Of course, you might just want to sleep in...