Today was kinda quiet, I think Jen and I were both moving sorta slow.
We were up at 9 or so, and off to Starbucks. We had a breakfast quesadilla from a street vendor, which I think ultimately made us both sick. We went back to the room and showered, then off to Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world at least when it was built. It had maybe 10 floors of shopping,then you can go up to the top and see the city. There was a nice restaurant there where we were gonna have dinner, and when we got there at 4 it was closed for an hour to switch from lunch to dinner. Jen was leaving at 6:30p. So we went back to the hotel, got Jen's stuff, and ended up eating at the train station. Not really so bad, they have a whole floor of maybe 100 restaurants. None of them are exactly fine dining, but definitely a step up from fast food.
Then I had to see Jen off, she was heading back to DaJia, which made me weepy. It is always sad when we part because you never really know when you will see her again. I know this is a great adventure through her eyes, but the world can be a scary place and time is precious through my eyes. I just try to see things the way she does...
So I was going to go on my own great adventure to the dangerous Snake Alley tonight, then decided I was tired and still didn't feel great so I was going to bed early.... um, yeah, I'm old now.
One little fun fact I learned today- apparently in Taiwan you are not allowed to swim in a pool or lake or hotsprings without a shower cap and a speedo. Doesn't matter if you are boy or girl, or completely bald, you have to wear a shower cap. And you cannot go into the ocean beyond your waist. They flip out and sirens go off. Apparently they believe that ghosts live in the ocean, and if you go out too far they will pull you under. And it is another huge problem if you write someone's name in red ink, it puts a major hex on them; Jen learned that the hard way grading papers US style...
1 comment:
I love how you thought you were going to have to embellish on your time in Taiwan to make it interesting for everyone. Not so much. Told it like it is.
miss you already
Post a Comment