Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 14 - Tue, 6/16/09 - Tibet

Thank goodness I have found my Zen place, or I would be ready to kill someone.

First off, my guide has been worthless. She showed up this morning with the same clothes she had on yesterday, and fell asleep on the way to the airport. I can only guess. We get to the airport at 9, and turns out there are no flights. Or I should say, there is a flight but I'm not on it. I am supposed to fly to Chengdu, and then connect to a flight to Guilin. I can take the next flight, but then I miss the connection. So after about an hour of angry phone calls, turns out the travel agent changed my flight to 3 and forgot to tell me. Now it was on the itinerary the dipshit guide had, but she of course didn't look at it until we got to the airport. So I was pissed.

Well, I made my guide take me to a monastary nearby, and that turned out to be for the best. The monks felt sorry for me, so they gave me a tour of the whole monastery and all the guide had to do was translate. It was very cool. It was my destiny. :)

So then for lunch we go to this total sh*thole in the little town nearby (I forgot to mention the airport is an hour from civilization). I had grilled spicy yak and potatoes, and once you get past the flies it was really good. I did confirm the origins of my steak the other night, however.

So then back to the airport, and I get my ticket and realize the retards booked me in 2 separate segments instead of 1 connecting flight. So in Chengdue I am going to have to go through med check, get my suitcase, check back in, and do the security goatrope again. And as I sit here, I am starting to suspect my flight is delayed, because it is supposed to leave in 5 minutes and it isn't here.

Now on top of all of this, let me just say I am alittle under the weather with the you-know-what, and I am sunburnt. If I trip the heat scanners at the med check, I am screwed, quarantined for a week. So I am more than alittle concerned I have to do it twice today now.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: