---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Shari Nomady" [Thu am]
Yes, I finally saw Britt last night. I picked her up at the locker room after her evening training session. SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC! Unbelievable! She gave us a tour of the locker room and off to dinner we went. She brought along Raich (her pre season roommate, Fant, her roommate for the year, and Bruce). Raich and Bruce are the captains. We went to a Japanese restaurant and had a great time. What I loved about it is the interaction between the girls - You would have thought they had known each other for years!! It was crazy wild and yet it made me so happy to see how happy she is with the girls.
Their first season game is tomorrow in Louisville - it is suppose to be a good game - Louisville will be a very tough match for them we hear. But Britt is very excited for me to see her new team play. What I didn't realize is since this is now "season" they only travel 18 to away games.
Although Louisville is less than 2 hours away, it is still an away game, so they will only travel with 18. The girls were talking about who they don't think will travel and they all agreed on the 6 that they won't travel.
Raich said she hates it when they don't all travel, it's hard on the ones that are left behind and the ones that go because they really one ONE team. Next week, the first week of school they have a long road trip. They were originally going to fly, but now they are busing it to Kansas. It will be about a 9 hour trip and they are leaving Thursday morning for the game on Friday. This is Reich's home town. I guess every year, they pick a senior and go to their home town. Raich said last night they would probably come to So Cal Britt's Sr. year. Raich said she likes the bus rides because they have internet and satellite TV and they do well on the road together. So,
they are looking forward to that. They return home via SIU-E for a game on Sunday there.
Anyway, I saw her dorm and she has a lot a space for storage - I think she will be totally fine - way more storage than I ever had in a dorm room. When I left her last night she was off to do her laundry again - she told me we need to go get more soccer like shorts and t-shirts because that is really all she lives in....
More later.....just waiting for her to call after their morning training and
then we're off together until they have to meet in the locker room to review
game tapes for the afternoon session.
Much love,
Shari

No comments:
Post a Comment