Britt was fairly disturbed by the showers, which they all apparently have to jam into after practice. And no one warned her about the ice baths, which are also mandatory after the practice. I forgot to mention yesterday was the hottest it has been here in 3 years, something like 105 degrees. That doesn't factor in the humidity, which you can almost see.
In the afternoon they played another scrimmage, Returners against the Freshmen. In this one, however, Britt and another girl played on the Returners' side. Good sign?
I left today, Britt is officially on her own. It was a little hard to leave. It is not like I haven't had a kid leave for College, or even another part of the world. But this time, I know I am leaving her in the middle of one of the hardest things she has ever done in her life. Then you can throw the regular drama of college on top of that....
No comments:
Post a Comment